S.A.B. Aerospace s.r.o. is a SME located in Brno, Czech Republic, operating since 2014, one of the most experienced Czech space companies. Its main focus is development of satellites, launchers components, and MGSE. SAB holding also includes branches in Italy, Poland, and Romania.
Competences and capabilities
S.A.B. Aerospace is an ESA registered supplier, also has been audited to deliver with the major players such as Thales, and Ariane Group. The core business is design of mechanical structures and thermal control systems for satellites and launchers as well as development of microgravity facilities.
SAB has been developing a network of verified subcontractors and suppliers from the Czech Republic and other European countries, including hardware and software providers.
- Project Management
- System Engineering
- Product Assurance
- Procurement Management
- Mechanical Design
- Structural Analysis
- Thermal Analysis and TCS design
- Mission Analysis
- System Integration
- Microgravity facilities
ASSEMBLY/INTEGRATION AND QUALIFICATION
- Environmental test campaign (external facility)
- Complete launch service
Major Space Projects & References
- VEGA SSMS Dispenser – a launcher structure enabling a launch of multiple small satellites on board of VEGA flight. Recurring project.
- PLATO – Scientific mission PLATO is a M-class mission, which will search for exoplanets. SAB is responsible for design and procurement of the service module (SVM) structure.
- Microgravity - Biomission 2019 – development of space laboratories for experiments on the ISS and IOSLAB - pressurised facility for the Space Rider.
- ROSE-L – Copernicus radar satellite for Earth Observation. SAB is responsible for the design of the satellite structure and Thermal Control System TCS, procurement and MAIT.
- ARIANNE 6 Sequencer. Development of the sequencer for multiple launch services on board Ariane 6.
- SLAVIA – Scientific project related to the space resources prospection. SAB is a prime and system integration for the mission.
- IOSHEX – In-Orbit Servicing System based on the SSMS structure. SAB is a prime contractor.
- LCS4 – Development of the low cost separation system for small satellites.
Space Related Equipment, Labs & Certificates
- Clean room ISO8
- ISO 9001:2009 certified
- Audited by ESA, Thales, Ariane Group