From the Heart of Europe into Space. Situated in Brno, Czech Republic, OHB Czechspace has been a member of the European Space and Technology Group OHB SE since 2018, one of the leading forces in Europe's space sector. With a customer base of space agencies and companies from the space industry, OHB Czechspace focuses on supplying spacecraft and launcher structures as well as its mechanical ground support equipment according to the customer’s specifications. The company’s success is based on a team of experienced engineers with deep knowledge and passion for innovation.
Competences and capabilities
OHB Czechspace performs the development, design, verification, procurement, test conduction and belonging product assurance tasks.
Mechanical DesignDesign of structural items and systems from the conceptual phase to detailed design according to the customer’s requirements and standards.
- Material Selection
- Mass Estimation
- Selection of Standard Parts
- Drawing Generation
- Definition of Electrical Grounding
- IRD Generation
Structural AnalysisAnalysis and verification of space products, such as structural items, sub-assemblies, satellite systems, electronic equipment. All verification according to ECSS Standards if required.
- Generation of FE models
- Static Analysis (linear and non-linear)
- Dynamic Analysis – modal analysis, random vibrations and acoustic analysis
- Stress Verification
- Thermo-elastic Analysis
- Deformation Analysis
- Stability Analysis
- Design Optimization
- Sandwich Panel Insert Verification
- Bolt Verification
- Weld Analysis
- Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue Analysis
- Generation of Condensed Models
- Model Correlation with Test Data
ProcurementProcurement of all metallic and composite structural items.
- Central Tube
- Sandwich Panels
- CFRP Laminate Designs
- Metallic Items
- Mechanical Ground Support Equipment
- Strut Assembly Design
Mechanical Test ConductionLead of different types of mechanical tests, such as modal, vibration, static, or shock testing.
- Coordination of the test facility
- Co-operation on the test preparation
- Preparation of the test procedure and definition of the sensor
- Design of test adapters and supporting structures
- Lead of the test activities
- Evaluation of the test data
- Reporting of the test results
Major Space Projects & References
OHB Czechspace has been awarded various contracts within European Space Agency (ESA) programmes.
HERA - Planetary Defence Mission (Phase B1 & B2/C/D/E)
- Development, design, verification and supply of the complete spacecraft‘s structural subsystem and mechanical ground support equipment.
- Support of the spacecraft’s vibrational test campaign (sine and acoustic vibration).
PLATO - PLAnetary Transits and Oscillations of stars (Phase B2/C/D/E1)
- Structural analysis of the spacecraft’s central tube, planning and execution of its static load test, FE model correlation.
CO2M - The Copernicus Earth Observation Mission (Phase B2/C/D)
- Detailed verification of the satellite’s structure.
DLTS – Dual Launch Truss Structure (ESA Study)
- Feasibility study of a light-weight dual launch truss structure for the Ariane 6.2 rocket.