KYOCERA AVX Components Corporation is a leading international manufacturer and supplier of advanced electronic components with 33 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries around the world. The company offers a broad range of devices including Capacitors, RF/Microwave Components, Sensors, Controls, Circuit Protection Devices, Connectors and Antennas Solutions.
KYOCERA AVX Components Czech Republic s.r.o.
KYOCERA AVX Components Czech Republic s.r.o. is a subsidiary of KYOCERA AVX Components Corporation, which is headquartered in Fountain Inn, South Carolina, USA, and made up of three divisions, which include:
- The KYOCERA AVX in Lanškroun develops and produces capacitors with a major share worldwide. For more than 15 years has produced ESCC qualified SMD tantalum capacitors. The capabilities include: solid and wet tantalum, conductive polymer, and niobium oxide technologies for consumer, wearable, telecommunications, automotive, high reliability, medical, and special aerospace applications.
- The KYOCERA AVX in Uherské Hradiště produces a wide range of passive component products, including multilayer ceramic capacitors, film capacitors, termistors, varistors, and power capacitors, and serves key customers from the automotive, transportation, telecommunications, and as well as for industrial, military and space.
- The KYOCERA AVX in Bzenec focuses on interconnect solutions, which primarily consists of automotive and industrial.
Competences and capabilities
Globally, KYOCERA AVX has the industry leading position in high-reliability tantalum capacitors, and is the largest supplier of high-reliability solid and Wet tantalum capacitors for medical and military/aerospace applications with the industry’s widest range of medical, COTS-Plus, MIL specifications, and space level products. The division is a global leader in MnO2 solid electrolytic technologies, which include the smallest case size MnO2, the highest temperature up to 230°C, and the lowest DCL product offering. KYOCERA AVX’s Division plants for given product lines are strategically located in the Czech Republic, El Salvador, Japan, Thailand and the USA.
KYOCERA AVX Lanškroun
Since 1998, there have been many technological upgrades and innovations introduced by the R&D team, beginning with the high-temperature tantalum capacitors (up to 175°C) for automotive applications. Today’s product ranges offer an extension of the capacitors to 200°C in the surface mount style or 230°C as the hermetically sealed or Wet radial style option.
Another major achievement of AVX Lanškroun was the introduction of extremely stable performance capacitors based on niobium oxide (NbO) anode material instead of traditional tantalum.
In 2004, the plant’s capabilities were further extended to include conductive polymer technology. AVX was the first company to market with several new polymer technologies, such as the highest voltage in the industry, over 100Vr (Elektra award 2010), the smallest case size 0402, the highest reliability polymer in hermetically sealed package for extended lifetimes (Elektra award 2015); and the highest energy density. KYOCERA AVX’s product portfolio also expands on new ESA space qualification for low ESR polymer TCS series.
KYOCERA AVX is acting worldwide in various space programs, however, on EU we have established supplier position for the European Space Agency (ESCC Generic Specification No. 3012), and offers surface mount tantalum capacitors, TAJ ESCC released in 1993, TES ESCC released in 2013 and polymer capacitors TCS ESCC, released in 2020.
During 2010 through 2013, hermetic packaging of conductive polymer capacitors from the TCH series was developed in cooperation with the European Space Agency (ESA) for space-level applications as a part of the Czech Incentive Program, and the ESCC specification is currently underway.
In cooperation with ESA, KYOCERA AVX offers new TAC microchip product range enabling to downsize tantalum capacitor case down to 0603. The space-oriented developments also provide design engineers with options to downsize, enabling significant reductions in both payload and physical space, which are extremely beneficial in aerospace applications.
Major Space Projects & References
- NASA Artemis project - back to the moon:
part of Artemis project is Multi Purpose Crew Vehicle and Service module on the Orion.
The service module was designed and built by the European Space Agency and we have TES/TAJ-ESA design in on this.
- INDIA -Chandrayaan mission:
TCH/TES on the ISRO Pragyan Rover.
- Part on low orbit satelites projects:
Various range of PN portfolio (Cots Plus)
- 630pcs TBM Tantalum Capacitors are Powering Laser of ChemCam Module On Curiosity Mars Rover
350pcs TBM Perseverance - design in laser supply boarding in Supercam
- Part on TURKSAT Satellite Programme. (TES, TAJ-ESA)
Meet performance requirement for:
- Voyager Space Probe
- Mars Rovers
SMD tantalum and conductive polymer capacitors, WET tantalum and special tantalum capacitors, ceramic capacitors, EMI filters
- Space: ESCC3012/001, ESCC3012/004, ESCC3012/006 T-level, SRC/SRW9000
- Defense: DSCC/DLA, COTS-Plus
Space Related Equipment, Labs & Certificates
ESA qualified Lanškroun plant Certificates:
IATF 16949:2016 – Automotive product
ISO 9001:2015 - Quality management system
ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental management system
Sony Green Partner Award
ESCC 3012/001 - SMD Solid Tantalum Chip Capacitors
ESCC3012/004 - Low ESR Tantalum Chip Capacitor
ESCC3012/006 - Polymer Solid Electrolytic Multianode Capacitor