IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center at VSB – Technical University of Ostrava is a leading research, development, and innovation centre active in the fields of HPC, HPDA, and AI and their application to other scientific fields, industry, and society. IT4Innovations operates the most powerful supercomputing systems in Czechia and constitutes e-INFRA CZ, a strategic research infrastructure of Czechia.
Competences and capabilities
The key research areas of IT4Innovations include big data processing and analysis, machine learning, development of parallel scalable algorithms, solution of computationally demanding engineering problems, advanced visualization, virtual reality, modelling for nanotechnologies, and material design.
- Rental of IT4Innovations Computational Resources
- Computationally Intensive Modelling and Simulations
- Advanced Data Analysis and Simulations
- Rendering and Vizualization of Scientific Data
Major Space Projects & References
- The Urban Thematic Exploitation (U-TEP) is a web-based and open platform that integrates state-of-the-art processing, analysis and visualization services and enables any interested user to exploit EO data easily and with no data download complications.
- The BLENDED project focused on Urban Expansion monitoring for three European cities with the usage of time-series Multispectral and SAR data in a three-decade lifespan.
- Within the scope of Czech Copernicus Collaborative Ground Segment we are developing a system for effective nation-wide processing of Sentinel-1 satellite data by interferometric and polarimetric techniques for geodetic, geologic or forestry applications.
Space Related Equipment, Labs & Certificates
IT4Innovations runs three supercomputers:
- Karolina (15.7 PFlop/s),
- Barbora (849 TFlop/s),
- NVIDIA DGX-2, a specialised system for AI computation (130 TFlop/s and 2 PFlop/s in AI).