CTU is the leading technical university in the Czech Republic. The Faculty of Electrical Engineering (FEE) offers first-class education in the fields of electrical engineering, telecommunications, radio engineering, automation, informatics and computer science and engineering.
Competences and capabilities
The FEE has extensive research collaboration with top universities and research institutions worldwide. It offers innovative solutions to industrial partners, military and security institutions and security institutions, including participation in space research and work for governmental agencies. The faculty offers the study programmes taught in English: Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management (BSc and Ing.), Communications, Multimedia and Electronics (BSc and Ing.), Cybernetics and Robotics (BSc and Ing.), Open Informatics (BSc and Ing.), Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (Ing. only), and Aerospace Engineering (Ing. only). The PhD programme is divided into 16 study branches. Graduates find top jobs in industry, research institutions, and at universities in the Czech Republic and worldwide.
Major Space Projects & References
- MIMOSA - Triaxial magnetometer for Czech satellite.
- Space stations - cooperation with DLR Germany - Design and implementation of scientific experimental device at the orbital stations Mir and the ISS..
- ESA - participation in the satellite projects in operation (ESA INTEGRAL - since 2002).
- Participation in large satellite ESA ATHENA, M mission candidates THESEUS, ASTROGAM, and ESA-CAS mission SMILE.
- ESA PECS projects
- Direct ESA contracts.
- Cooperation with NASA – USA.
- Other contracts – e.g.Tester for micro accelerometer in collaboration with VZLU. The device is used within the satellite project SWARM.
- Satellite navigation
- Nano and Picosatellites
- EU projects
- LVICE2 project: within Czech/ESA ambitions projects
- EDA (European Defense Agency) NEUMANN project
- Cooperation with the South African Space Agency SANSA on the development of SQUID and fluxgate variometers: the prediction of magnetic storms
- Educational activities
- For full details please see https://fel.cvut.cz/en/research/space-activities.html
Space Related Equipment, Labs & Certificates
- Equipment for simulation of GPS and GLONASS constellations.
- Receivers of signals of navigation systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, EGNOS, MSAT, WAAS)
- Materials testing designs and laboratories
- Electronics and optical laboratories
- Equipment for magnetic testing and calibration of magnetometers
- Anechoic chambers: acoustics and electromagnetic
- Satellite data / image acquisition and processing