BBT-Materials Processing, s. r. o (established in 1995) is a private SME technological company dedicated to development and production of high-performance IR polarization optics, phase delay components and acousto-optical substrates for a wide range of high- tech applications.
Competences and capabilities
Our group is the world´s first to have discovered mercurous halides single crystals and their extraordinary properties. Mercurous chloride (Calomel, Hg2Cl2 ) is a unique material for IR optics, acousto-optics, polarizers, high power laser applications, etc.
We are developing Calomel high efficiency infrared polarizers and acousto-optical tuneable filters (AOTF) for hyperspectral imaging in the thermal infrared. BBT´s devices were operating on-board Salyut 6 - Soyuz and MIR orbital laboratories for 17 years!
- Polarizers (several types)
- Polarizing beamsplitters
- Phase delay prisms
- Acousto-optical tuneable filter (TRL 4)
- Delay lines
- Laboratory measurements
- Custom products
Major Space Projects & References
- INTERKOSMOS – MORAVA I, II and III (1976-97) on board Salyut 6-Sojuz and MIR – material science.
- Space furnaces CSK and TITUS for MIR and FOTON.
- TITUS MPP Multi-Purpose Platform for ISS (International Space Station)
- RIM-MIR, TES and TEST-TES: A recalescence of Ag-Ge alloys on MIR using the CSK-1 furnace.
- MIR’92 (1992-3), EuroMIR’94 (1994-5), EuroMIR’95 (1995-6), GermanMIR 97 (1997), MIR 99 – PERSEUS (1999) - material experiments on MIR using the CSK-1 and TITUS.
- DEMON (2011-2014) Development of Quality Evaluation Methods for Calomel Optical Elements
- NAOMI (2010-12): New acousto-optic device based on calomel for hyperspectral imaging in space applications
- IAPETHOS (2014-16): Infrared advanced polarizer for Space applications
- THETIS (2016-17): TIR Hyperspectral Imager based on the Calomel AOTF (Acousto-Optical Tuneable Filter)
- CALIOPE (2018-2020) Calomel-based TIR optical AOTF breadboarding
- ECLIPSE (2018-2020) Development and production of Calomel IR polarizer and testing in relevant environment
- IAPETHOS2 (2018-2021) Infrared Advanced Polarizers for Space and other Applications 2
- TWINS (2022): Birefringent Fourier transform spectrometer for space applications
- Other projects within KONTAKT, PRODEX, FP7,EUROSTARS etc.
- IRCAPOL (under preparation) Development of infrared polarizing camera for EO
- VEGA (under preparation) Increasing the TRL level of the acousto-optical tunable filter based calomel for hyperspectral imagers and commercial applications
- BIRD (under preparation) Development and production of optical and acousto-optical components based on mercurous bromide
Space Related Equipment, Labs & Certificates
- Crystal growth units (VPT method)
- Crystal optics manufacturing.
- HW for testing and quality evaluation of optical and acousto-optical components:
- IR Spectrometer
- 2D HP imaging filter
- HP integral measurement
- Integral extinction ratio (VIS, IR)
- COHERENT 9,3µm CO2
- laser system (17W)
- Optical microscope
- Tyndall scattering
- 2D optical Fourier transform
- 2D depolarization imaging
- RoHS for polarization optics based on calomel (under negotiation)