1. Launching State
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics together with Czechoslovak Socialistic Republic
2. An appropriate designator of the space object or its registration number
- Magion, 1978 – 99C
3. Date and territory or location of launch
- October 24, 1978 (November 14, 1978), Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Satellite Magion forms a part of the scientific programme of INTERCOSMOS 18 launched from USSR territory on October 24, 1978. The Satellite MAGION was separated into an autonomous orbit on November 14, 1978.
4. Basic orbit parameters:
a) Nodal period
- 96.36 min.
- 82.96 degrees
- 772 km
- 404 km
5. General function of space object:
- research of the magnetosphere and the ionosphere of the Earth