1. Launching State
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics together with Czech and Slovak Federal Republic
2. An appropriate designator of the space object or its registration number
- Magion 3, 1991 – 086E
3. Date and territory or location of launch
- December 18, 1991 (December 28, 1991), Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Satellite Magion forms a part of the scientific programme of INTERCOSMOS 25 launched from USSR territory on December 18, 1991. The Satellite MAGION 3 was separated into an autonomous orbit on December 28, 1991.
4. Basic orbit parameters:
a) Nodal period
- 121.73 min.
- 82.57 degrees
- 3,081 km
- 436.5 km
5. General function of space object:
- research of the magnetosphere and the ionosphere of the Earth by passive and active methods