1. Launching State
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics together with Czechoslovak Socialistic Republic
2. An appropriate designator of the space object or its registration number
- Magion 2, 1989 – 80B
3. Date and territory or location of launch
- September 28, 1989 (October 3, 1989), Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- Satellite Magion 2 forms a part of the scientific programme of INTERCOSMOS 24 launched from USSR territory on October 24, 1978. The Satellite MAGION 2 was separated into an autonomous orbit on October 3, 1989.
4. Basic orbit parameters:
a) Nodal period
- 115.98 min.
- 82.61 degrees
- 2,492.5 km
- 509.5 km
5. General function of space object:
- research of the magnetosphere and the ionosphere of the Earth