THE REGISTRATION HAS BEEN CLOSED
Date and place
- January 26th 2021, 08:45 – 17:30 (GMT) / 09:45 – 18:30 (CET).
- Video conference, access link will be provided to registered participants in due time.
- Representatives of both countries, the Czech Republic and the UK, have prepared industry day in space sector for companies, R&D institution, universities and governmental bodies.
- The objective of the event is to present the Czech and British space ecosystems and unveil the technological level of advancement and capacities in both territories. The webinar also seeks to bring together key representatives from private sector and find overlaps and areas for future cooperation.
- The goal is to strengthen long-term business relationships in space industry for both countries.
- Totally of 17 Czech participants have shown interest for B2B session with the UK.
- Download the short overview of Czech Space in PDF.
- Companies, R&D institution, universities
- Space bodies – UK Space Agency, Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic, space industry associations
- Governmental bodies – Department for International Trade (UK), Investment and business development agency CzechInvest (CZ), Embassy of the United Kingdom in Prague, Embassy of the Czech Republic in London
- All times are displayed in GMT time zone.
- The schedule is divided into two main parts. While the morning will be devoted to the presentation of space capabilities and the investment environment, the afternoon blocks is reserved for B2B / B2G meetings and is intended exclusively for pre-arranged entities from the Czech and British space industries.
- Download the agenda in PDF.
- Open event based on registration, free to wider audience
- 8:45 – 09:00 Log-on of participants, audio/video test
Welcome and introduction
- 09:00 – 09:05: Welcome speech, Ambassador of the Czech Republic H. E. Libor Secka (5 min)
- 09:05 – 09:10: Welcome speech, Ambassador of the United Kingdom Great Britain and Northern Ireland H.E. Nick Archer (5 min)
Introduction to business and investment environment
- 09:10 – 09:15: Erik Bolebruch, CzechInvest-CZ (5 min)
- 09:15 – 09:20: Dr Joanna Hart, DIT-UK (5 min)
Space activities and country technology profile
- 09:20 – 09:40: Vaclav Kobera, Ministry of Transport-CZ (20 min)
- 09:40 – 10:00: Arfan Chaudhry, UK Space Agency (20 min)
Space industry associations
- 10:00 – 10:05: Petr Bares, Czech Space Alliance (5 min)
- 10:05 – 10:10: Doug Liddle, UKspace (5 min)
- National strategic plans in space sector
- Financing and space programs
- Space ecosystem in the country (general overview, strengths, opportunities)
Q&A 10:10 – 10:25
Break 10:25 – 10:45
Organized B2B meetings
- Pre-arranged meetings
- For participation in B2B meetings, it is mandatory to provide organizers a filled in profile form (see further bellow).
- Time allocation – 10 minutes meeting in 15 minutes slots (time to change slot = 5 minutes)
10:45 – 12:00 First B2B block
Lunch Break 12:00 – 13:00
13:00 – 17:00 Second B2B block
17:00 – 17:30 Wrap-up, next steps
- 17:00 – 17:05 – summary by CZ side
- 17:05 – 17:10 – summary by UK side
- 17:10 – 17:30 – Q&A / statements of participants
09:00 – 16:00 B2B meetings – extra sessions (if needed)