Living Planet Symposium 2016, Prague, Czech Republic
The 2016 European Space Agency Living Planet Symposium follows the previous successful symposia held in Edinburgh (2013), Bergen (2010), Montreux (2007) and Salzburg (2004). The event will be held in Prague, Czech Republic from 9-13 May 2016 and is organised with the support of the Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic.
A first announcement has been released, with a deadline for abstract submission on 16 October 2015. All received abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee, notification of acceptance will be provided in early February 2016. Registration to attend the event will be opened in February 2016, after the publication of the preliminary programme.
Full papers for accepted contributions shall be provided at the event and will be published as ESA Special Publication. An Exhibition will be running from 9 to 12 May 2016.
The objectives of the ESA Living Planet Symposium are to:
- Present the progress and plans for the implementation of ESA Earth Observation strategy and the relevance of ESA's EO Programme to societal challenges, science and economy.
- Provide an international forum to scientists, researchers and users to present and share state of the art results based on ESA's Earth Observation and third-party mission data.
- Review the development of Earth Observation applications.
- Present the Copernicus space component and operational services.
- Report on ESA’s Exploitation Programmes (i.e. Climate Change Initiative, SEOM, DUE, VAE, STSE).
- Introduce the current and future planned Earth Observation missions.
- Outline ESA’s international cooperation in the field of Earth Observation.
- Provide dedicated thematic tutorials and demonstrations.
|Abstracts Deadline||16 October 2015|
|Acceptance Notification||End January 2016|
|Issue of Preliminary Programme||February 2016|
|Opening of Registration to the Symposium||February 2016|
|Release of Final Programme||at the symposium|
|Submission of Full Papers||at the symposium|
For the latest news and more information please visit LPS 2016 official website at lps16.esa.int.