European Space Solutions 2016
How can we use space to tackle things like energy, health care, mobility and the environment? Can space-based applications help agricultural production? What are innovative, effective and efficient space solutions for today’s most pressing issues?Get the answer to these questions and more by registering for the fourth edition of the European Space Solutions conference!
Hosted by the 2016 Dutch Presidency of the European Council, the conference takes place in The Hague from 30 May to 3 June 2016 .
Sector Specific Sessions
The conference agenda is geared towards European businesses, industry and SMEs and is packed with discussions and talks by European policy makers and global leaders in industry, research and academia. In addition to the opening address, various policy plenaries and an array of side events, the agenda includes six focus sessions set to offer attendees tailored insight on how their business can leverage Europe’s space infrastructure for growth. View the full agenda here.
Each focus session tackles a specific space-based service or technology solution, showing how Galileo, EGNOS and Copernicus, as well as the EU’s Horizon 2020 research programme, are creating a range of opportunities for European businesses to build applications and services from.
For example: In the Agriculture & Food session, you’ll see real-world examples of European businesses helping farmers via cutting-edge space applications that increase efficiency and lower costs.
- In Climate Change & Environment, explore the opportunities available at the crossroads of space-based observations and traditional ground-based measurements.
- River Deltas of the World delves more specifically into opportunities for space applications and best practices in delta environments.
- In the Health & Safety sessions, hear about how European companies are using space innovations to meet the growing needs of an ageing population.
- In a session area that can help everyone in daily life, Smart Mobility will feature new, state-of-the-art solutions for road traffic management, among other things.
- The Energy session highlights the latest trends and challenges in environmental, sociological, and economic matters.
This year’s conference also features a showcase of the latest space-based applications in Earth Observation, European space research, and satellite navigation. Through these showcases, you’ll gain unique insights into game changing developments across multiple industries, and an inside look at what the future holds. In addition, the popular European Space Expo will be held in parallel to the conference, touching down in The Hague’s Old City Centre.
The conference is a chance to learn and network with entrepreneurs, industry leaders, space stakeholders, investors, researchers, and policy makers from across Europe and beyond.